Better Late than Never - Easter Dresses


OK, here are the dresses. The older one's was Simplicity 3329, no date, probably late 1950's or early 1960's. There is no reference to in on the internet to link a photo and I am not in a position to photograph it right now. The dress picture is actually copied from facebook from Easter. It goes into a v-backed neck and should have a bow at the CB which I left off. The little one's was a 1940's mail order pinafore style, not even sure where the pattern is at the moment. Both are from cotton voile pindotted swiss with broadcloth accents/binding. Both are fully lined. I completed the older one's over 3 days of working and the inside is barely finished off, as quickly as I could do it. She would only wear it once or twice anyways, so I decided not to waste much time on it. The little one's is better finished as she still wears dresses at the drop of the hat. These were fun to make, I wish I had more of the fabric for a top for me. It is so watercolor-pretty.

Comments

Adorable! I can see why you wish you had more of the fabric--it has a lovely retro feel to it.
Nice work.would you like to post them on my Kids Sewing linkup party?
sarah c said…
Very pretty- reminds me of my sister & my matching sister dresses, the print is just lovely

Sarah C

Popular posts from this blog

Free Friday Patterns